Kadayawan Festival, touted as the country’s King of Festivals, is one of the most awaited annual celebration in Davao City. It is the city’s way of bringing back the glory and honor to the One who has provided them with good life and bountiful harvest. The celebration also highlights the ten(10) different tribes of Davao City whose different practices and identities make up the rich cultural heritage of this island.
This year marks the 31st year of celebrating the country’s festival of festivals. And each year, more and more exciting activities are being prepared by the local government of Davao City so visitors and as well as locals can really have a great and memorable experience during this festive time of the year. Here are some of the activities prepared for this year’s celebration:
*photo grabbed from Kadayawan 2016 Official FB Page*
THINGS TO DO IN DAVAO:
- Explore the nearby Samal Island where a wide range of beach resorts are available for different visitors. Budget class, mid-range, and first class visitors will find accommodations at reasonable prices.
- Try White Water Rafting at Davao River (Click here for more info)
- Stroll along Roxas Street Night Market
- Visit Outland Adventure and try their extreme rides
WHERE TO EAT?
- Abuelo’s (Marfori Heights & Mamay Road Branches)
- Roxas Street Night Market
- Roadhouse Cafe (SM Ecoland)
- Lachi’s Sans Rival
- Classio Pizza (along J.P. Laurel Ave.)