Mountain Province is a landlocked province in the Cordillera Administrative Region in Luzon. It has a land area of 832.97 sq mi with a population of 154,590.
Capital city: Bontoc
Name of airport: Bagabag Airport
Temperature: 16 – 27 Celsius
Languages spoken by the locals: Ilocano, Bontoc,Kankana-ey,Pangasinan,Tagalog and English
Mode of transportation:
- Bontoc Village Museum – The museum building is a replica of a traditional Ifugao house. The museum collection includes traditional costumes, hunting and farming tools.
- Sagada – is known as the Mountain Province’s Pride. Here you can do trekking, spelunking and waterfalls hiking.
- Rice Terraces – there are several breathtaking view of rice terraces in Mt Province, a must see is Bay-yo Rice terraces in Bontoc.
- Besao – it is located in western part of the mountain province. Here you can witness the famous “besao sunset”.
- Hanging Coffins – it is located in Lumiang Burial Cave. The ancient Igorot believes that hanging the coffins of their loved ones was meant to put them closer to heaven.
- Patopat – sticky rice cake wrapped in banana leaf
- Gabay Fruit Wines – made from processed berries, roselle flowers, rice and fruits
- Kiltepan Sunrise and Sea of Clouds