Ilocos is located in the Ilocos Region in Luzon. It was founded by Juan de Salcedo in 1572.
Capital City – Vigan City
Name of airport – Mindoro Airport
Temperature– 27-31 Celsius
Language spoken by the locals:
Modes of transportation:
- Calle Crisologo – A must visit spot in the city, it takes you back during the Spanish colonization. Here you will see old houses, vintage establishment who sells Vigan’s best products, and kalesa. Late night is best time to visit, it is magical.
- Baluarte – Chavit Singson’s home in Vigan. The baluarte is approx. 20 hectares with zoo, shooting range and a chapel. Entrance is free.
- Bantay Church – also known as Saint Augustine Parish Church, it was establish in 1590 and is one of the oldest church in Ilocos Region. The historic belfry of the church known as the Bantay tower, which served as a watchtower for pirates during the Spanish Colonization.
- Crisologo Museum – this museum is the ancestral house of the Crisologos. Filled with historical memorabilias, antiques, book collection and news clipping about the Crisologo’s political history.
- Syquia Mansion – Elpidio Quirino’s home. It showcases extensive memorabilia of the former president. It has huge rooms filled with antiques not just from the Philippines but all over the world.
- Ilocos Empanada – is a deep fried stuffed pastry filled with mongo sprouts egg and Vigan longganisa.
- Vigan longganisa – ilocano sausage delicacy with plenty of garlic and spices.
- Bagnet – crunchy pork belly that has been boiled, hung to dry and then deep fried.
- Tinubong – rice flour, buko and margarine inside a bamboo tubes
- Climb up Bantay Bell tower
- Ride a kalesa