Davao Oriental is situated on the southeastern tip of Mindanao facing the Philippines sea. It has a population of 558, 958 people, and is mostly inhabited by Visayan migrants.
Capital City – Mati
Name of airport – Mati Airport
Temperature– 23-31 Celsius
Language spoken by the locals:
Modes of transportation:
- Dahican Beach – its a seven kilometer stretch of fined white sands facing the clear water of Pacific Ocean.
- Aliwagwag Falls – it is one of the most beautiful falls in the country. It is also considered as the country’s highest falls. It is made of 100 cascading waterfalls.
- Waniban Island – is uninhabited island up in Pujada Bay, a 4-hectare island with pwdery white sand and torquise beach water.
- The Sleeping Dinosaur – an island that resembles a dinosuar sleeping on its belly in Badas Point. It has a total land area of approx. 579 hectares.
- Lake Carolina in Baganga – is located in Brgy. Salingcomot, it is 15 minutes away from town proper. It is a lagoon filled with brackish water and abundant marine life.
- Empanada – made with ground pork, eggs, cheese and all the herbs and spices
- Lumpia – made from ubod (coconut heart)