Cagayan is located in the northeast of Luzon Island. The province comprises an aggregate land area of 9295.75 square kilometers, making it the second largest province in the region.
Capital city: Tuguegarao
Name of airport: Tuguegarao Airport
Temperature: 20-33 Celsius
Languages spoken by the locals: Ilocano, Ibanag ,Itawis,Tagalog andEnglish
Mode of transportation:
- Callao cave – consist of seven chambers. The most iconic is the divine room where an altar and a chapel was built under its 160 foot high opening.
- Cagayan river – also known as Rio Grande De Cagayan, it is the longest and largest river in the Country.
- Anguib beach – one of the finest beaches in Cagayan. This beach is known for its pristine waters and powdery white sand.
- Pinacanauan river – is considered as one of the most picturesque attractions in Cagayan. It is great for rafting and kayaking.
- Palaui Island – is known for its marvelous coves and the historical Cape Engano Lighthouse.
- Batil Patong – made out of pancit miki, minced carabao meat and other vegetables topped with egg and chicharon.
- Hopia ibanag – garlic flaky pastry
- Milk candy – made of carabao’s milk