Benguet is located in the southern tip of the Cordillera Administrative Region in the island of Luzon. Its is also known as the Salad Bowl of the Philippines because of its huge production of vegetables.
Capital city: La Trinidad
Name of airport: Loakan Airport
Temperature: 13-25 Celsius
Languages spoken by the locals: Kankana-ey ,Ibaloi ,Kalanguya ,Bontoc ,Ilocano,Tagalog and English
Mode of transportation:
- Burnham Park – it is known to be the heart of Baguio City. Named after architect Daniel Burnham who designed the original plan for Baguio.
- The Mansion – is the official summer residence of the President of the Philippines. The elaborate gate of the Mansion is a replica Buckingham Palace in London. It is a favorite site for sightseeing and picture taking.
- Mt Pulag – is the highest peak in Luzon and third in the Philippines. It is famous for its majestic sea of clouds and the view of the Milky Way Galaxy at dawn.
- Strawberry Farm – it is located in La Trinidad, just 30 minutes from Baguio. Here you can experience strawberry farming.
- Naguey rice terraces – it can be found at brgy Naguey. These are man-made rice terraces about 33 hectares.
Camp Utopia – this was the camp of the 66th infantry battalion during the 2nd World War.
- Pinikpikan – it is prepared by beating a live chicken with a stick prior to cooking.
- Kiniing – a smoked or sun-dried piece of pork
- Mountain Climbing/Biking
- Strawberry Picking
- Mt. Pulag hike